This course will take your theory knowledge to the standard required for the Yachtmaster™ Coastal and Yachtmaster™ Offshore practical exams, concentrating on advanced navigation and meteorology skills.
This course equips you to navigate safely on coastal and offshore passages. This course will take your theory knowledge to the standard required for the Yachtmaster™ Coastal and Yachtmaster™ Offshore practical exams, concentrating on advanced navigation and skills.
What you will learn
- position fixing
- course shaping and plotting
- tidal knowledge
- use of almanacs and Admiralty publications
- electronic position finding equipment
- taking and interpreting forecasts
- plotting weather systems
- weather predictions using a barometer and by observation
- collision regulations
- customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad
Prerequisites to the course
- Knowledge to the level of Day Skipper Shore based
It allows some time for revision of the basics and then moves on to advanced navigation techniques.
The course is taught over 40 hours with three exam papers. It can be covered as a series of short sessions, as an intensive week-long course