This course is for beginners and those who would like to become active crew members rather than just passengers
The Competent Crew course consists of 6 days and intends to train the Candidate as a crew member and able to understand and carry out every order given by the Skipper.
There is no required previous knowledge into action: is the course that introduces the beginner to cruising and teaches how to move safely and steer to a level required for a crew member.
The sailing area is the Archipelago of Pontine islands, Ischia and Capri, around 15 miles offshore from our base which is on the island of Procida.
6 days, boarding at 0630pm on Saturday – disembark on Friday afternoon
Courses start every Saturday from April to October
What you will learn
- Knowledge of sailing terms and parts of the boat
- Knots and rope handling
- Rigging and Sails, Points of Sail and Sail Handling
- Helmsmanship under power and sail
- Manners and Customs including Rules of the Road
- Using the dinghy
- Safety – Fire Precautions and fire firefighting
- Emergency and personal safety equipment
- Basic Meteorology
- How to cook real Italian food on board
- 6 days sailing
- Course materials
- Mooring fees
- Certification – is you would pass it
- Fully equipped training yacht
- Breakfasts & Lunches on board
For details of what you should bring please refer to the FAQ’s section.
There are two options with training courses: a private course (you hire your own yacht and have your own dedicated instructor) or the more traditional course structure of mixed individuals course. We are more than happy to teach different courses (Competent Crew & Day Skipper) on the same yacht if you have a crew of mixed experience. There are no prerequisites for this course
950 Euro, if you book before 30th of April 2021, you get a 20% discount